Empowering Every Woman to be Beautiful

My Time in Paradise



For several years I've wanted to go to Southern California. There were always excuses as to why I couldn't go - too much work, not enough work, hotels are expensive, home/life drama, etc. Well, earlier this month, I said, "I'm doing this."

I contacted a friend from my church who recently escaped, I mean "moved", from Pennsylvania to Southern Cali. She immediately offered her home in beautiful Sierra Madre as my crashing pad. No need for a hotel. She also arranged a house in Hollywood where I could stay if I wanted a grungier experience.

That left me with simply airfare and rental car to cover. I found an incredible deal at Priceline - $442 for round trip airfare and a zippy red Hyundai Elantra (with a sunroof) for eight days!

I was set for my adventure.

My friend with the free crashing pad works as a producer in Hollywood from sun up to sun down, so she had little time to show me around or even hang out. That was fine. I had wheels and a map.

And I had Jenn.

Jenn has been a cyber friend for several months (a reader of this blog!) and she happens to live two blocks from the beach in Southern Cali! She loves makeup, uber healthy fusion food and shopping till she needs oxygen injections. We are obviously twins separated at birth.

Pasadena, Long Beach, Hollywood, Los Angeles, Bel Aire - we drove from morning till night. Beach hopping, eating, clothes shopping, eating, getting lost, eating... I admire a girl who can slurp down a $9 hemp milk, fresh ginger and kale smoothie with the best of them.

But we did do a few touristy things. My producer friend arranged for Jenn & me to get an insider's tour of the Warner Brothers lots - my dream employer.

We had a blast!!!

Thank you, Jenn, for spending so much time showing me the cooler spots. And thanks to my other friend (who would rather remain anonymous) for your hospitality. I will be back (hopefully to stay).

I've been desperate for an injection of diversity, fashion and great food. Here are pictures from my trip. Of course, the picture above is Jenn and me hitting up a cosmetics store. It's an addiction.







This was taken on a set at Warner Brothers.


Rodeo Drive was incredible.


Versace, Baby!



Overlooking Bel Aire



Jenn at the beach




Downtown Sierra Madre


NOTE: GOOGLE IS NOT ALLOWING ME TO ADD COMMENTS TO THIS BLOG FOR SOME REASON. I AM UNABLE TO RESPOND TO YOUR COMMENTS AT THE MOMENT. HOPEFULLY, GOOGLE WILL STRAIGHTEN THIS OUT SOON.

Yeah, it's fixed!!! The Comments button is fixed. Phew. That was annoying.