Empowering Every Woman to be Beautiful

About Me





Hi, I'm so glad you dropped in. My name is Todra Payne.
I have been a celebrity and editorial makeup artist for more than a decade.

Mariah Carey, Sigourney Weaver, Kimora Lee Simmons, Soledad O’Brien, Donna Karan, Anna Kournikova, , Della Reese, Elisabeth Perkins, joy Bryant, Roma Downey, Lee Lee Sobieski, Anna Deavere Smith, Shalom Harlow, Isaac Hayes and Tim Meadows have all hired me to do their faces.

My work has been showcased in fashion and lifestyle magazines such as Harper’s Bazaar, Elle, In Style, W, O, Essence, Cosmogirl, Newsweek, Women’s Day, Mademoiselle, WWD, French Elle, German GQ as well as catalogs for Sak’s 5th Avenue and Filene’s.

My television work has included MTV, Conan O’Brien, NY1 and The View.

I've recently added hair and wardrobe styling to my services.

Giant Foods, Pinnacle Health, Subzero, Frigidaire, Wachovia Bank and many other corporations have used my makeup and wardrobe services for local and national ad campaigns, both in print and HD video.

I've created Makeup Theory Workshops for all of the women who constantly ask me, "When are you going to share all of that information you have about looking good?" This site is packed with information about beauty and lifestyle options. I hope you enjoy it. And please, comment. I want to hear from you.

Do you have an upcoming event that would benefit from having me as a keynote speaker? Some of the topics I've covered in the past:

The Psychology Behind Makeup -
A fun, interactive workshop that explores why we wear makeup and what we are hoping to achieve. Discussions include how to view our facial features as distinct and beautiful. How to embrace our looks without judgment. And how to find our best features and emphasize them.

Beauty Product Launch -
Are you rolling out a new healthy makeup or skincare line? Do you need a professional makeup artist to introduce it to the media? Nothing gives your line credibility like an industry insider who knows the ropes and the lingo for making your launch a success.

Preparing for a New Career -
When changing careers or going back to work after a hiatus, many of us focus exclusively on new wardrobe choices. But our makeup says just as much about who we are professionally and personally as our clothes. This workshop utilizes magazine pages and Powerpoint displays to discuss the judgments we pass on women based strictly on makeup style. Women are taught quick, easy makeup tips to update their look and make a positive first impression.

All Out Glam-
This workshop teaches tricks of the trade to take daytime makeup into full blast glamor girl in a few minutes flat. This workshop is great for the woman who has a high powered, glamorous job that requires travel and entertainment as well as office hours. No time to call a makeup artist before this evening's networking party? No problem. With just a few products and ten minutes, you can be the belle of the ball.

Custom Workshops -
Do you have a specific idea in mind for a speaking engagement or a workshop? Please contact me. I'd be happy to discuss it with you.