Empowering Every Woman to be Beautiful

A Must Read




I try not to push my natural/organic tendencies onto others. My "mission" is to educate; and then respect the choices of others. I work with clients who pull out brands that I'd never put on my face because of the ingredients list. But she's not asking me to put it on my face, so I provide the service I'm paid for.

But when someone genuinely wants to understand why I choose to only use organic/natural products from brands I trust (not everyone screaming "Green" is), I am able to explain my stance pretty good.

However, Stacy Malkan, the lead media strategist for the Campaign for Safe Cosmetics, communications director of Health Care Without Harm and author of Not Just a Pretty Face, makes the case for safe beauty better than I ever could.

Her award-winning book tells the inside story of the Campaign for Safe Cosmetics’ five-year investigation into the chemicals being used in the personal care products available on shelves across America.

In 2002, Ms. Malkan helped launch a major cosmetics campaign against the harmful chemicals contained in mainstream beauty brands. This was after she conducted a report that found phthalates – a set of industrial chemicals linked to birth defects — in more than 70% of the personal care products tested.

Ms. Malkan, along with the Coalition for Safe Cosmetics, is working diligently to make beauty also healthy.

If you'd like to read the book, Not Just a Pretty Face, order it here.

If you'd like to get involved in the campaign against harmful body care and beauty products, go here.