Empowering Every Woman to be Beautiful

Holiday Makeup Look








Glamorous doesn’t mean garish. Holiday makeup can be subtle, but beautiful. My client, Danielle, was my first choice for showing a pretty holiday look. She normally doesn’t wear much makeup, except in her job as a professional dancer/actress with a well-known theater group.

But when I asked if she’d model a holiday look for me, she immediately agreed. I’m glad she did.

As you can see in her “before” shot, Danielle occasionally experiences breakouts from her theater makeup. But the techniques I use can cover breakouts without creating a mask.

First, I used Danielle’s own sheer liquid foundation (totally forgot the brand, sorry) all over. Next, I took a nylon concealer brush and applied a cream to powder foundation from Mary Kay just on the dark spots. Normally, I’m not big on MK’s foundations – too thick for all over application, unless they're thinned out and applied with a damp sponge. But straight up, they're wonderful for spot covering.

Next, I decided to try a new mineral makeup line I received in the mail a few days ago. It’s called Priia and it’s formulated by none other than The Mineral Makeup Coach.

I have to say, the colors are gorgeous. On Danielle, I used three eye shadows. Gold Finger, a satiny pure gold, was the overall lid color. Sapphire Gem (my favorite color in the whole collection), a smooth navy blue with just a hint of shimmer, went in her crease. I added touch of Dusty Lilac over top.

Her blush was Tuscan Brick, a color from Priia I’ll be using a lot. Just on the top of her cheekbones, I brushed a little Satin Complexion Enhancer (a wonderful product that gives anyone that J. Lo glow) in "Angelic". I also dusted Angelic on Danielle’s chest.

Unfortunately, I didn’t have lip colors from Priia to play with, but I whipped up a custom color using several hues and brands from my kit.

I did the usual black mascara.

Voila. A holiday look that still allows Danielle’s natural beauty to shine through.

NOTE: These shots were not retouched. Also, Priia launches Feb. '09. I received it early because I have privileges. In the near future, this blog will feature mostly natural/healthy cosmetic lines *happy face*